Check out these stories of what Jesus has been up to!
I hope they inspire and encourage you as you seek to help children encounter Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
Be Filled with the Spirit Testimonies
In a school lunchtime Adventure Club we blew windmills and chatted about how we can’t see our breath but we can feel it and see what it does, which is just like the Holy Spirit! We may not see Him with our eyeballs but we can feel Him and see what He does! We shared the account of the disciples being filled with the Holy Spirit for the very first time and how they no longer hid behind closed doors, but were transformed with joy and boldness to share God’s wonderful news about who Jesus is! The saviour and king. We then asked Holy Spirit to fill us, as He wasn’t just for 2000 years ago, He is for everyone, every day and every night!
Here are some of the children’s experiences:
- I felt like fresh air was coming to me
- God was tickling me
- I felt tingly on my hands
- I felt relaxed and sleepy
- I thought that Jesus was making a heart shape to me with His fingers
- I felt a touch like air. It felt nice
- I felt like some one was tickling me
- I had a video of Jesus talking to Peter
- God was making me laugh
- My shoulders were shaking
- He gave me a message that He will always be with me
The Throne Room Adventure Time Testimony!
“I wanted to share with you that tonight we did the Throne Room Adventure Time with our children at church. They laid out around the room, peaceful background music playing, and we walked them through the Adventure Time. Afterwards we asked them to share what they saw. So many children wanted to share!
One girl, who can struggle with not wanting to be involved with the different activities available, was one of the first to raise her hand to share. She shared about walking up into a castle through a gold door and seeing not just one throne but two. She walked in to see Jesus there. He put a crown on her head and she sat on one throne and He sat on the other!
Another girl shared how she was peeking in through the door to the throne room and didn’t think Jesus saw her, but He told her to come in and He placed a crown on her head. He had seen her and invited her in!
These Adventure Times with Jesus are powerful! Many of our children are experiencing Jesus like never before.”
A Hide and Seek Adventure Time Testimony!
“Thank you for your monthly emails. I really enjoy your ideas. My 4yr old daughter and I played hide and seek with Jesus today, while my 2yr old was finishing her dinner. My daughter chose to hide in ‘the square behind the bushes’ – a local area where we’d often end up during lock downs, where my girls could run around. She said her heart was beating fast with excitement when Jesus was looking for her. 😍
My younger daughter wanted to try too and she giggled with delight as she imagined Jesus hiding under her high chair and tickling her toes. They were both very excited to tell my husband about it when he joined us after work.
It was such a simple thing but I loved the fact that both of my daughter’s were able to access it and I’m sure we’ll be playing hide and seek with Jesus again.”
Give your worries to Jesus! Take a breath and imagine you are giving Jesus anything that is getting you down or feeling like a burden! See what He does with it and what He is saying and showing you. Here are some testimonies of children letting go of their worries…
- As I gave my worries to Jesus I felt His hand. It was live! It was real.
- I saw doves holding a basket and Jesus put my worries in and it went up to heaven!
- Jesus took my worries to the cloud bin and into the sun.
- I gave my worries to Jesus and He sent it into space. It went to Jupiter.
- I said to Jesus take this worry and it’ll be gone for ever. He took it away. God came and held my hand and said ‘Whatever worry you have give it to me.’ I could really feel His hand!
- My worries went in Jesus’ jar!
Building a friendship with Jesus: Here are some responses children had to an Adventure Time simply imagining being in a favourite place with Jesus; listening to and interacting with Him:
- I saw a picture of the cross and God showing me what Jesus had done.
- I was up a tree I love to climb, and Jesus came up to me and showed me the universe and His love was bigger than it.
- Jesus found me in my caravan and gave me a special chair I can sit in to talk to Him.
- I was in a forest and Jesus came to me and gave me a key. It opens a door to a cave that took me to heaven.
- I went to heaven and saw choirs of angels singing. Jesus told me I was free to be here and enjoy it!
- I was in Minecraft building and Jesus asked me to build with Him.
- I was worshipping Jesus. He took me to Antarctica and showed me the mountains.
- I heard Jesus say ‘Don’t give up on what you love!’
- Jesus said ‘Don’t be afraid of heights because I am there to support you’.
- I heard a booming voice say I will be a preacher.
- I went to Las Vegas and as I walked to the beach Jesus was there. Then we walked on the water all the way back to Congleton, UK!
- I was playing football with Jesus and we scored lots of goals. He was helping me. I love to play football!
From a mum at River Camp: I loved the work of Sarah and the team who looked after and taught my three year old at Rivercamp this year. I’m so grateful my child was in safe hands which enabled me to be free to enjoy the worship and teaching too. My son experienced the Holy Spirit and learned about Father God and Jesus. The team gave me updates and prophesied over him too. Recently someone asked him who lives in his home. He said the standard family members and told them God lived there too! They said if God lives in your home where does Jesus live? He replied without hesitation ‘Jesus lives in my heart’!
3 year old’s Adventures with Jesus: Just thought you might be encouraged to see what Caleb (3.5) has been hearing from God, as he’s been getting used to going on adventures with Jesus. I try and illustrate each picture he tells me God gives him so that as he gets older he has a visual record of all the ways he caught from God. In the future, he’ll be able to look back and see God was chatting to Him even while still quite young. Since starting to do the Encounter Fun postcards with him at home, he regularly asks me if we can go on an adventure with Jesus. Thanks for all you do to lead kids and families into encounters with The Lord!